Friday 12 November 2010

Typographic ideas


When deciding on my font for the title of my front cover, i chose to experiement with lots of different types of fonts. Using http://www.dafont.com/ i looked through many different styles of font and narrowed it down to my favourite 8. All of these fonts are quite different in many different ways, and once i've decided on what kind of photo's i'm going to take i think my cover will revolve around that, and font i want to use will become obvious.
I love the font 'Edition' as i love how extended the letters are and how over exagerated it as a serif font. I think this would look excellent on my cover, however i would have to really try to avoid making my magazine look to much like 'Elle' or 'Vogue'.
I also really like the 'White rabbit' font, because it's edgy and retro. Depending on what kind of photo's i use, and the colour scheme of my front cover i may even end up using this font (Even though the idea of using this font really contrasts with the idea of Edition because they're so different).
Also, 'Market Deco' is a really nice font because its bold, and really exagerates the fact its a sans-serif font. I really like this font aswell, and no matter what kind of cover/photo's i have i think it would suit the magazine no matter what (unlike other fonts which may only look good with certain pictures/colours).

No comments:

Post a Comment