Friday 22 October 2010

My College Magazine - Contents Page


I thought that, althought i made my contents quite simple, it was effective and looked really interesting.
I stuck with the same idea of my front cover, and used my same friend (Sophie) to photograph, but just used a different photograph with a different shot.
I chose to have the image of Sophie at the bottom of the page, and then worked the rest of my contents around her. Again i was really happy with the photo i got of Sophie and thought this was a really nice image. Also, i liked the idea of using the same kind of Image to my front cover but a bit different to avoid my magazine looking a bit too much with too much going on (However this image is different as accessories have been changed and, although Sophie is wearing sunglasses, she has an objective gaze).
Again, i matched the text on my page to the colours in the image. I matched the blue of her shirt to the colour of my 'Contents' writing. To avoid looking like to much was going on between my front cover and my contents, and to match them together to look proffesional, i decided to use the same fonts i used on my front cover, and in the same way. This meant i put 'Contents' in the bold/trashy looking font and the rest kept very simple (sans serif) to make it look classy. I also had the word 'contents' flowing around Sophie's head as i thought it looked really cool and gave a nice twist to the cover.
I then put all the writing (the 'contents') in a small white area next to Sophies head, which i thought looked quite cool as it was all quite tightly compact but didn't look too much.
This then left a large white area at the top of the page, so i chose to put a black/white contrast for added detailing, but mainly just to fill up space. I thought it looked quite cool and almost looked like a part of the image. Overall, i was really pleased with my contents as it tied in well with my front cover, but didn't look to much like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment