Wednesday 24 November 2010

My Lady Gaga Interview/Article

After being so caught up with her jam-packed schedule of TV performances and her worldwide Monster Ball tour, we managed to catch up with the Lady herself to talk all things music, fashion and the truth behind it all.
So Gaga, The Monster Ball’s been extended for the 3rd time, going well?
Yes, well, It’s all going well – extremely well.  I just love my fans, and to see them coming out in thousands every night just makes me want to keep going. I just have to keep extending it – every time It sells out, I feel bad for my little monsters who miss it, So I just keep going.
We looked backstage at your Monster Ball wardrobe and were speechless, what influences your fashion?
I don’t have fashion, I have style. I’m influenced by the future, the thought that one day no one will be afraid to wear what they want, or do what they want with their hair and body. I love being creative, doing what I want when it comes to my look. Always changing. My Monster Ball wardrobe isn’t just my stage outfits, they’re my every day outfits. I don’t change the way I dress from on stage to off stage. Art is all that we have left to keep us – So think of yourself as a walking piece of art, you can be whoever you want to be.
Do you ever think you go too far with your look – The meat dress for example?
Never, I haven’t gone far enough. The meat dress is a perfect example – I chose to wear this dress to prove a point about wearing fur. When you’re wearing fur, you may as well have raw bits of meat slapped on your body. I don’t think there is ever a limit with fashion; we should be able to dress how we want, when we want, and look amazing. When performing on the Brit Awards a few months ago, I was just in my dressing room when my lace all-in-one arrived I had designed for me. It was beautiful, and I had lace head to toe, even down to having lace eyelashes made for me. Before putting them on, I asked the Haus of Gaga (my art & design team) if they thought I should wear them. They said they made me look unreal and like something from another planet – I said “Perfect, I’ll wear them”.
Where do you see yourself going in 2011, both with music and fashion?
Fashion is limitless, and I like to think I am. I think as the years go on, things will only get better. 2011 will start amazingly with me. Because although some people may be in nightclubs, drunk and pouring themselves over strangers when midnight strikes. I’m going to be in New York, having the name of my new album tattooed on my body – for all my little monsters that can see 2011 being as much of a success as 2010. I have ideas for my tour next year, and I have ideas when it comes to my music. Fashion ideas just come to me, and when they do, it’s normally some pretty crazy sh*t.

No comments:

Post a Comment