Friday 26 November 2010

Inspiration For My Own Photos


 








When thinking about the photos i am going to be taking for my magazine, I thought it would make sense to get inspiration from Photoshoots Gaga has done, and see how she poses, how she dresses, and in general - the composition of her photos. In all these images, Gaga is either using a subjective gaze or looking down/eyes closed (even when Gaga is wearing sunglasses, i think that it is obvious a subjective gaze is being made underneath them). All of Gaga's photo's have something about them that makes them very edgy - whether it be her hair, makeup, outfit or pose - She always manages to look so eccentric. So, i will follow along this idea when i take my own photo's. Also, for my front page, I have decided that i will have my friend Vicky (Who I will be photographicing because i think she has a slight resemblence to Gaga), will be wearing a backless dress, and because the back of the dress is the main detailing in the outfit, i will want to capture it and make it a focal point on my front cover - This is why i have looked at quite a few photo's of Gaga where her back is on show. I really love the Image of Gaga wearing a backless leotard, against the bright red background. I love everything about the image, the medium angle/long shot, the colours and the pose Gaga is doing - The 'looking over the shoulder' still lets us see Gaga's face as well as the detailing in the back of her out, Also, her subjective gaze is very sexy and, because of her outfit, looks almost suggestive - yet not trashy. In all of these images there is a very simple colour scheme, apart from this image where a larger amount of red is used. I think i prefer all the images of Gaga where very neutral tones are used, because her pale skin tone and light blonde hair ties in very well with this colour scheme. However, the bright red contrasting her pale skin and black outfit (very neutral colours & tones) really makes the image pop and look appealing. I think i will probably stick to neutral tones when taking my photo's - because like Gaga, my friend Vicky has pale skin and light blonde hair. However i may toughen up the neutral tones by giving her dark eye makeup, to create a really bold contrast in the Image. Also, the dress i want to photograph Vicky in is bright red - This will act as a focal point and will really make the image stand out against the neutral tones of the whole image. Also, this gives me another colour to play with when creating my front page (for coverlines, etc)  - instead of sticking to black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment